In courtesy of JOY magazine
From January 2010 issue
If you speak german and wish to help with translation, let me know =D
Translation via Thinking of Rob
A huge thanks to Robsessed83 for the trans�la�tion of this arti�cle! If you use this trans�la�tion, please credit her since she was kind enough to do this for Thinking of Rob.
�Women swamp me�
The man with the magic stare is and will be Hollywood�s hottest vam�pire. Robert Pat�tin�son sat down with JOY author Frances Schoen�berger and talked about the Twi�light sequel, co-star kris�ten Stew�art � and his secret fears.
Robert Pat�tin�son slips through a hid�den entry into the Four Sea�sons Hotel in Bev�erly Hills and greets me with a shy �hello�. Plaid shirt, black leather jacket and sport�ing stub�ble: the 6ft tall Brit seems more like a casual bohemian rather than the most wanted celebrity. I have the feel�ing he doesn�t like the spot�light on him�self: His eyes keep wan�der�ing to the floor. How�ever, it�s exactly that, his vul�ner�a�bil�ity and inse�cu�rity that sum up his incred�i�ble charisma.
JOY: When I met you last year you were still a new�comer to this busi�ness. Despite your break�through career you don�t seem to have changed. You still appear down-to-earth, show�ing up to an inter�view by your�self. Do you pass on an entourage?
RP: Hav�ing lots of peo�ple sur�round�ing me per�ma�nently makes me ner�vous. I don�t need an assis�tant or a men�tor. The more peo�ple hover over you the more peo�ple will try to tell you what to do. I don�t care about their opin�ions most of the time (laughs). Although I should try not to be too self-deprecating when being inter�viewed and to not put myself down all the time because fans will prob�a�bly think �It�s true, he IS an idiot.� (laughs)
JOY: The first Twi�light movie pitch�forked you on the crest of the wave. How did your every day life change with all the fame?
RP: Most of the time I don�t even notice being a celebrity because I�m con�stantly work�ing. We started shoot�ing New Moon right after we fin�ished Twi�light and right now we are already work�ing on Eclipse. On the set, it doesn�t mat�ter if I�m famous or not. I get up at 5 in the morn�ing and when I go home at night I�m so tired that I just want to sleep.
JOY: Which part of the fame don�t you like?
RP: It truly is bizarre, how the press keeps lung�ing at me and how much they find to say about me. That means that I can�t go out as much � I need to hide when needed or lay false trails. I mean, I don�t have issues with peo�ple chat�ting me up on the street but if there is a bunch of girls swamp�ing me, things get out of hand.
JOY: Dakota Fan�ning, who plays the evil vam�pire girl Jane, explains the hype of the female fans as such: �Edward is the per�fect man, he is hand�some and has great hair.� What do you think about that?
RP: If all that mat�ters is being attrac�tive and have great hair, those aren�t tough con�di�tions, I�m not sure if I can live up to them though (laughs).
JOY: What�s the dif�fer�ence between you and Edward?
RP: I, too, have bad hair days (laughs).
JOY: What was it like to work with Kris�ten Stew�art again? Did your rela�tion�ship evolve even more after work�ing on New Moon?
RP: I love work�ing with some�one that I really like. She�s been a great co-actor ever since we started shoot�ing Twi�light. Edward�s authen�tic�ity depends on her per�for�mance and vice versa. We chal�lenge each other.
JOY: Would you say it�s eas�ier to fall in love on a movie set?
RP: Of course we spend a huge amount of time together but that doesn�t mean I fall in love with all my co-stars. That would have meant start�ing a love affair with Javier Bel�tran after shoot�ing Lit�tle Ashes (laughs).
JOY: The female fans are all over the for�bid�den love between Bella and Edward. Do you think there is also a part, male fans can relate to?
RP: New Moon of all the movies pro�vides the most excit�ing plot: because Edward is so in love with Bella, he is going through per�ma�nent self-doubt, think�ing he�s not good enough for her. That way he destroys the rela�tion�ship. I think every man can relate to that because we can be pretty con�fused when being in love!
JOY: What does your fam�ily in Eng�land think about the Twi�light hype?
RP: I don�t think they even notice it that much. The other day my mom called to tell me she liked the shirt I was wear�ing in a pic�ture. Up to this point my par�ents have hardly been affected by the paparazzi. They are just really nice peo�ple, a story about them would be rather bor�ing. When my sis�ter vis�ited me in LA the other day she was shocked about how many mag�a�zines had my pic�ture on their covers.
JOY: When was the last time you vis�ited Eng�land?
RP: Almost a year ago when i was finally off work for 3 days. After that I only saw my par�ents at the New Moon pre�mier but we are plan�ning to cel�e�brate christ�mas together!
JOY: Back in Lon�don you were the singer in a band called �Bad Girls�. Will there be any per�for�mances in the future?
RP: I am still writ�ing songs and if I hap�pen to have enough time it is a pos�si�bil�ity. Singing used to be a hobby of mine but now there would be a lot of peo�ple lis�ten�ing, or even crit�i�cize me. That scares me!
JOY: What is your next project?
RP: Next year I will be in New Mex�ico, shoot�ing a west�ern movie called Unbound Cap�tives, together with Hugh Jack�man. This role will be so far off from the role of Edward, noone will be able to com�pare them. My dad is really look�ing for�ward to that movie. He is bet�ter with horses than with vam�pires (laughs).


No comments:
Post a Comment