Wednesday, April 21, 2010
MTV Australia: Xavier�s A Hit In Hollywood! The Twilight Newbie Talks Fame And Returning to Oz
Aussie hottie Xavier Samuel, who�s starring in the 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' has been labelled one of Hollywood�s hottest new men.
In an upcoming issue of VMAN, the actor, who judged the OPTUS ONE80PROJECT last week, reveals he�s still getting used to his new found fame.
Talking about the drawbacks of being a rising actor he says, �Living out of a suitcase and your comfort zone, it�s a bit of a challenge.�
And the hunk, who starred in the award-winning Oz horror flick �The Loved Ones� says he can�t wait to work on his home turf again.
�I want to get back to Australia and do a film there. It�s important to remember your roots.�
But despite his success, the 26-year-old admits he almost followed a different career path altogether.
When asked if he�d always wanted to be on the big screen he said,
�Not at all, really. I mean, the usual response is, you know, "I've been acting since I was three, and I used to perform plays for my Mom and Dad." But I never really did that sort of stuff.
�I kind of followed a friend of mine into auditioning for drama schools and sort of landed in a drama course as a result of that. And it wasn't kind of 'til halfway through that first year that I thought, "Actually, this is something that is a craft, and it's not just a hobby."
Catch 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' in cinemas here from the 1st July.
MTV Australia Via CrepusculoMeyer
Labels:
Australia,
Eclipse,
Xavier Samuel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment