Last year, she delivered an Oscar-nominated turn opposite George Clooney in �Up in the Air�; this week we�ll see her in Edgar Wright�s cult feature, �Scott Pilgrim Vs the World�. Now 25, the actress is clearly destined for the big time, with many A-list actors lining up to work with her. Not bad for someone whose dream as a young girl was simply to sing and dance�
Michael Doherty: First of all, belated happy birthday, Anna. Having just reached 25, it must be very gratifying that you�re still able to convincingly pull off teenage roles?
Anna Kendrick: Thank you very much and yes, it is very gratifying! I actually got downgraded from 19 to 18 for this film, so I don�t quite know what that says about me! I feel a little silly but as long as people can still buy me as a teenager, then I�m flattered.
Between this film and the Twilight franchise, you�ve completely captured the fanboy and fangirl markets. I�m assuming it must be difficult for you to walk around any shopping mall in the States?
I don�t know! To be honest, they don�t really say very much in LA because they are too cool for school and don�t want to bother anyone. I do get little girls coming up to me in malls and screaming but generally people are discreet in LA and they will come up to me quietly when I�d be sitting in Starbucks say �FYI, congratulations�. That sort of thing.
You did do something very cool with your Twitter page; photographing yourself holding your username (AnnaKendrick47), thereby negating the other 46 false sites in one fell swoop.
That might seem so silly, but I was really proud of myself for thinking of that! I saw a picture once of an actress holding a sign that read, �yes, it�s really me�, and I thought that was so clever, but in theory anybody could take that photo and copy it to their site. I don�t come up with many good ideas but that was a killer way to dispel the imposters and all the misinformation on the net
annakendrickonline
annakendrickonline
No comments:
Post a Comment