On How to Be:
My friend Robert Pattinson told me about a movie he was making called �How To Be� and that he was to play a guy who was a bit of a super loser. He said the guy wanted to be a singer, but couldn�t really sing, and his girl friend dumps him, and he is just generally a bit lost with his life and doesn�t really know where he�s going. I thought it sounded really funny, and a good idea for a song, and being both actors and musicians struggling to achieve a higher degree of success at the time, I think we could both identify a little with the charac�ter. I said that I was going to try and write the theme tune for the movie based on what he had told me and I went home and wrote it in a couple of days. I went back to his house and played it to every one and every body really liked it, so I gave Rob a CD to give to the people doing the movie. Unbe known to us though, I think the soundtrack had already been selected and I was too late, so it never made the cut. I didn�t mind too much because soon after I started to play the song live and it got such a great reaction from the crowd that I just decided to keep it for myself. I always have to tell the story behind it when I play it because peo ple still assume it�s about me! The amusing thing is, looking back at it though and how I felt at the time, I think it probably is semi-autobiographical.
Listen to �How To Be� here
On collaborating musically with Rob:
Yes we have � but only if you count jamming on the piano in his living room! We�ve never done an actual gig together, although he did used to come and watch my shows in London. Rob is a really natural musician, he�s amaz ing on the piano � although he always claims he doesn�t really know what he�s doing, but I think he�s just very modest. We have quite differ�ent styles, but that can often produce the best results. Of course if the chance ever presented itself to collaborate I think it would be great, and a lot of fun. Would you guys like to see Rob and I collaborate?
You can find Lee Mac Dougall on myspace and twitter. Read the full exclu sive inter view on
Rob�PattzNews
SOURCE via thinking of rob
No comments:
Post a Comment