Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Michael Sheen Says Being a Parent Taught Him Patience

Photobucket

ZIMBIO ARTICLE:

Michael Sheen has an 11-year-old daughter Lily with his ex-girlfriend Kate Beckinsale, and he says being a dad has helped him calm down his temper.

He said: �If I feel there is a situation where someone is being very badly behaved then I don�t hold back.

�However I think being a parent changes that. You can�t go flying off the handle all the time. You have to learn to be patient and tolerant. You can�t just walk away and you can�t just shout.�

Michael says part of his new calm attitude means he accepts that not everyone is perfect and now works on resolving situations before they get �messy.�

He explained to Seven magazine: �It�s about people accepting your flaws as much as you accepting theirs. I don�t hit anyone anymore, I haven�t hit anyone for a very long time.

�I�m better at picking up on situations earlier on and finding more economical ways of dealing with them before it gets messy.�

No comments:

Post a Comment