Monday, April 11, 2011

Added HQ Scans: Vogue: Rob On Reese Witherspoon "She�s Tough"

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Interestingly, the elephant in the room turned out to be the least of anyone�s troubles. (As Pattinson puts it, �She was the most consistently professional creature I have ever worked with.�) It was the horses�two white Andalusians and two black Friesians�that turned out to be high-strung and unpredictable. �Reese grew up around horses,� says Lawrence, �and she owns a couple that she rides now, and even she was scared of them.� Says Witherspoon: �I�ve always been a little bit of a tomboy that way, so I just always enjoy the thrill of doing something dangerous.�

She got more than she wished for. Not only did she get thrown from a horse one day, Pattinson tells a story about shooting a scene in which one of the horses is lying down in a train car with Witherspoon curled up on the ground next to it when suddenly the horse jumped to its feet and stepped on her leg. �I could see in Reese�s face that it must have hurt more than anything, and she played it off like it was absolutely nothing,� says Pattinson. �And then the next day she had this enormous bruise. It could have quite easily broken her leg, but she didn�t mention it to anybody. She is just incredibly brave that way.�

Witherspoon�s toughness was one of the main reasons Lawrence cast her in the film. �What I liked is that there�s that determination, but there�s also a sense of humor and a sense of vulnerability. It must come from her family and upbringing. You sort of feel like if she sets her mind to something, it�s going to happen�nothing is going to get in her way. And that�s part of what keeps her interesting�and oddly a little dangerous.�

Pattinson, too, thinks there�s more to Witherspoon than meets the eye. �In terms of public perception, she�s thought of as America�s Sweetheart. And she kind of is in a lot of ways. But I think that she�s a lot bawdier than that, a lot more raucous. It did actually shock me to see that. She�s tough. You wouldn�t want to get into an argument with her at all.� He laughs.

�You can always tell that she will be incredibly nice to anyone who�s not an idiot, but it�s always very clear that there�s a line you really shouldn�t cross.� (When I tell Witherspoon that Pattinson said this, her response is classic Reese: �Oh, yeah. I�m a little junkyard dog.�

Reed More: Vogue.com

No comments:

Post a Comment