Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Updated! Preview: Robert Pattinson is featured in the May issue of Elle US.

Photobucket
Elle: How great of a novel is Bel Ami?
RP: Amazing. One of my favorites. The script was really good too; Duroy has kind of changed a little bit. He�s so cynical in the book, but now he�s so convinced that he knows everything and that he�s been wronged, that he ends up being very earnest. He realizes that the whole world he lives in is based on a lie; it angers him so much that he basically wants to burn the whole thing down..and in trying to enjoy everything, he becomes what he hates most: a pompous shit.

Elle: Was it fun playing a ladies� man instead of a celibate?
RP: Completely. I thought it was funny as well - Twilight having quite a bit of a female audience-to play a guy who basically screws women out of money. I like the fact that you never hear of a movie where the bad guy stabs every single person in the back and then wins.

Elle: so you relished playing a sleazy journalist?
RP: I like the section where he gets a job as a gossip writer and in a completely banal way just makes stuff up-uses the same story and changed the names. I think that is very, very true.

Elle: It was once reported that you were pregnant
RP: Yeah, a couple years ago. That was true, though

Elle: Any other odd encounters with the media recently?
RP: A bunch of paparazzi were following me, and I thought the best way to deal with it was to stop my car in the middle of the street and say, �I�m not leaving, and I�m not going to speak to you anymore.� They got all pissed off because they can�t just keep taking the same picture. We were in Venice by the boardwalk, and they kept trying to get all these drug dealers to come up to the car. I was just like, Oh my God, this is insane.

Elle: Have you ever fantasized about doing something to destroy the �Twilight� image of you?
RP: You know, when the whole thing dries up and there�s hardly any paparazzi around-I don�t know, in 15 years or something-I like the idea of just one paparazzo coming out and trying to get a picture, and I just beat the shit out of him. I mean-out of nowhere-when my picture�s not even worth..and I�ve spent all my money, so you can�t sue me!

Elle: Is your idea of hell to end up at age 45 posing with Twilighters at a comic book convention?
RP: I mean, that would be totally fine-if I didn�t have any responsibilities, if it didn�t affect my career anymore. I did a couple of those after Harry Potter, when I was totally unemployed. You can have so much fun. There are so many weirdos there.

Elle: Have you had many near-death experiences?
RP: Yes, loads. I am the worst driver in the world. Every time I get in a car, I call up my parents and say goodbye.

Elle: What percentage of evil do you think you are?
RP: I mean, I used to think it was more-around 40. I think I was overestimating. I think it�s more like 3, which is very dissappointing.

Elle: Here�s a line from Maupassant: �The essence of life is the smile of round female bottom, under the shadow of the cosmic boredom.� Any thoughts?
RP: That is an absolutely true quote. Round female bottoms are very much a miracle.

Elle: What would you want to happen to make tonight unforgettable? Anything you want.
RP: I just got a little dog, so i�m having a very girly night here with my pup, a rescue mut. It�s going to sound like I�m making this up.

Elle: What women did you daydream about as a teen?


Scan Transcript: robsessed

No comments:

Post a Comment