Reese Witherspoon has officially joined the cinematic �cougar� clan. In her real life, the Oscar-winning actress just tied the knot with agent Jim Toth (five years her senior) but in her reel life, she gets it on with �Twilight� sensation Rob Pattinson � eleven years her junior � in the upcoming period drama �Water for Elephants.� But it wasn�t actually the age difference that required any adjustment for the stars. Instead, it was their significant height difference. �In the movies they just put you on a box then you kiss the tall guy,� Witherspoon told FOX411�s Pop Tarts column with a laugh. And Pattinson was quick to claim that locking lips with Witherspoon was far from challenging. �It�s really easy for me because I have quite bad posture so we�re about the same height,� he quipped. �I just have this big heavy head and it slumps down so we end up at the right spot naturally.� Based on Sara Gruen�s novel of the same name, �Water for Elephants� tells the tale of a traveling circus in 1930�s America. A veterinary student (Pattinson) just shy of a degree is put in charge of caring for the circus menagerie, and meets stunning equestrian star and the circus� main attraction, Marlena Rosenbluth � who also happens to be married to the charismatic yet psychologically-disturbed circus boss. But in a desperate bid to sell tickets amid the Great Depression, Rosie the elephant is brought in to co-star with Marlena in a new headlining act. �My first time meeting her I was terrified basically. I screamed,� Witherspoon said. �I like animals but this was a completely new experience.� And it wasn�t just working with large animals that terrified Witherspoon. The 35-year-old was also pretty traumatized at having to wear body-baring, sexy circus-inspired costumes � something she vowed never to do. �I made a conscious effort all of my career to not end up in a bathing suit movie and here I was in this movie wearing a leotard which was horrifying,� she said. �But they were beautiful, and it was a different time when women loved their curves and enjoyed being voluptuous. All of the costumes are very flattering for women in the film.� And Witherspoon was certainly successful in embodying the glamorous beauty of a 1930�s star � although the physical transformation wasn�t without at least a little conflict. �I was debating on whether or not to wear a wig,� she said. �And after lots of discussion and screen testing I decided just to cut my hair and dye it white.� Yet, as much as Witherspoon came to develop an affinity for circuses and working with a 9,000-pound elephant during the shoot, the Louisiana native is keeping her day job. �I thought about it (becoming a trainer),� she added with a smile. �I thought about taking my elephant act on the road, but��
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Video � Rob and Reese.on Fox 411 News
Reese Witherspoon has officially joined the cinematic �cougar� clan. In her real life, the Oscar-winning actress just tied the knot with agent Jim Toth (five years her senior) but in her reel life, she gets it on with �Twilight� sensation Rob Pattinson � eleven years her junior � in the upcoming period drama �Water for Elephants.� But it wasn�t actually the age difference that required any adjustment for the stars. Instead, it was their significant height difference. �In the movies they just put you on a box then you kiss the tall guy,� Witherspoon told FOX411�s Pop Tarts column with a laugh. And Pattinson was quick to claim that locking lips with Witherspoon was far from challenging. �It�s really easy for me because I have quite bad posture so we�re about the same height,� he quipped. �I just have this big heavy head and it slumps down so we end up at the right spot naturally.� Based on Sara Gruen�s novel of the same name, �Water for Elephants� tells the tale of a traveling circus in 1930�s America. A veterinary student (Pattinson) just shy of a degree is put in charge of caring for the circus menagerie, and meets stunning equestrian star and the circus� main attraction, Marlena Rosenbluth � who also happens to be married to the charismatic yet psychologically-disturbed circus boss. But in a desperate bid to sell tickets amid the Great Depression, Rosie the elephant is brought in to co-star with Marlena in a new headlining act. �My first time meeting her I was terrified basically. I screamed,� Witherspoon said. �I like animals but this was a completely new experience.� And it wasn�t just working with large animals that terrified Witherspoon. The 35-year-old was also pretty traumatized at having to wear body-baring, sexy circus-inspired costumes � something she vowed never to do. �I made a conscious effort all of my career to not end up in a bathing suit movie and here I was in this movie wearing a leotard which was horrifying,� she said. �But they were beautiful, and it was a different time when women loved their curves and enjoyed being voluptuous. All of the costumes are very flattering for women in the film.� And Witherspoon was certainly successful in embodying the glamorous beauty of a 1930�s star � although the physical transformation wasn�t without at least a little conflict. �I was debating on whether or not to wear a wig,� she said. �And after lots of discussion and screen testing I decided just to cut my hair and dye it white.� Yet, as much as Witherspoon came to develop an affinity for circuses and working with a 9,000-pound elephant during the shoot, the Louisiana native is keeping her day job. �I thought about it (becoming a trainer),� she added with a smile. �I thought about taking my elephant act on the road, but��
Labels:
Water for Elephants
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment