UPDATE 20 Nov 2009
So, last night I attended the official Twilight/New Moon midnight premiere and because of that i feel that I really have to update my previous review.
I don't know if it's becasue we saw Twilight first or because I saw the movie with friends this time but I really had an opposite reaction to the movie. It was almost as if the movie I saw on tuesday on the press-realease was a different version cause suddenly I DID feel all the emotions. And I didn't feel like the scenes were to short and stuffed in to the movie without any thought on where it was put. Sometimes there is lack of emotions but I did hardly notice it this time. I just loved it so much. I really sat glued to the screen throughout the movie.
So if my previous reaction was a 4 out of 5 before it's a 4,9 out of 5 now.
Chris Weitz...you did do a great job on this one!
But I'm still not going to comment on wigs, make-up, wardrobe and Edwards hair...cause that part will still not be a pretty review...
Filmreview from ONE fan perspective
Today I got a chance to go on the preview of the New Moon. Never thought this kind of opportunity would come so the luck is complete! But I kept myself calm and sat straight in my back without howling at all among the press folks.
The film's intro was very impressive and right from the first scene you could see that it was no longer directed by Catherine Hardwicke,instead New Moon is directed by Chris Weitz. The film maintains a very high pace throughout the film and almost all major parts of the book are included here. Rather, New Moon is very, very faithful to the book. Which is good because this book is for many the absolute favorite, at least mine.
I went in with extremely high expectations for this movie in particular, higher quality scenes and in the filming and I got exactly what I wanted from the film. Come on .. if you are a Twi-hard you are...
The sparkle effect is so so much better than in the first movie!
Unfortunately, the film touched not only my happiness with smiling, but I was actually left with a feeling of emptiness. Here we have this great director who's made fantastic scenes and great new animations. But for those of you who have never seen Twilight you must know that the Twilight movie itself was pretty poorly filmed and had some odd scenes, but that movie was TREMENDOUSLY emotive. The chemistry in Twilight was huge between the actors and the scenes were long, and were electric , you really was dragged into the story.
In New Moon emotions seems to have gotten in the alternative, and given way to the animations and all the wonderful action. Which leaves me (only my opinion, still ) completely empty. I never find the same on-screen chemistry between Bella and Edward (almost as if Rob and Kristen have more chemistry off-screen) and the break-up scene and Bella / Jacob love is good but it does not reach up. I want more grief, more new love, but I just don't get it. Instead, it feels sometimes as if you cut short scenes to gather as much of the good as possible from the book in to the movie.
I do not mean that the film is bad, absolutely not! I love all the action and the introduction of volturi is wonderful not to mention the scene with Bella in the water, which offered a bit of a surprise. But I missed the female aspect.
To sum up the film with a new director I could say: Chris Weitz has what Catherine Hardwicke did not, but Catherine Hardwicke had what Chris Weitz has not.
On the other hand, I think you will like the movie just as much anyway .. for like I said ... After all, it's the Twilight saga, Stephenie Meyer's wonderful books on film, and gorgeous Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner and others in it.
But then I might change my mind after the actual premiere on thursday night when I see it again and have the time to really get in to it. I might see the chemistry I so wanted today.
It is overall a GREAT movie.
(Leaving my personal views on the makeup, wigs and costumes aside, that version is not pretty)
UPDATE 20 november 2009
S� g�r kv�ll deltog jag i den officiella Twilight / New Moon midnatts premi�r och p� grund av det k�nner jag att jag verkligen m�ste uppdatera det jag skrev i min tidigare recension.
Jag vet inte om det beror p� att vi s�g Twilight f�rst eller f�r att jag s�g filmen med v�nner den h�r g�ngen men jag hade verkligen en motsatt reaktion p� filmen. Det var n�stan som om den film jag s�g p� tisdag p� press-realeasen var en annan version och pl�tsligt jag k�nde alla k�nslor. Och jag k�nde inte att scenerna var korta och instoppade i filmen utan att t�nka p� var de lades. Ibland finns det brist p� k�nslor, men jag m�rkte det knappt denna g�ng. Jag bara �lskade den s� mycket. Jag satt verkligen klistrad vid sk�rmen hela filmen.
S� om min tidigare reaktion var 4 av 5 s� blir det en 4,9 av 5 nu.
Chris Weitz ... du gjorde ett bra jobb p� den h�r!
Men jag t�nker fortfarande inte kommentera peruker, smink, garderob och Edwards h�r ... f�r det kommer �nd� inte vara en vacker recension ...
Sv: Idag fick jag allts� chansen att f�lja med p� f�rhandsvisningen av New Moon. Trodde aldrig p� ett s�dant h�r tillf�lle s� lyckan h�r hemma har varit alldeles total! Men jag h�ll mig sansad och satt rak i ryggen utan tjut under filmen.
Filmens intro b�rjade v�ldigt maffigt och redan fr�n f�rsta scenen kunde man se att det inte l�ngre var Catherine Hardwicke som regisserade utan ist�llet har New Moon regisserats av Chris Weitz. Filmen h�ller ett v�ldigt h�gt tempo hela filmen igenom och i stort sett alla stora delar fr�n boken finns med h�r. R�ttare sagt, New Moon �r v�ldigt v�ldigt trogen mot boken. Vilket �r bra eftersom del 2 (New Moon) �r m�ngas absoluta favorit, i alla fall min.
Jag gick in med enormt h�ga f�rv�ntningar p� den h�r filmen med framf�rallt h�gre kvalitet i scenerna och i filmandet och jag fick precis just det jag �nskade fr�n filmen. Kom igen..�r man ett Twi-hard s� �r man.
Tyv�rr ber�rde filmen inte bara mitt lycko leende utan jag blev faktiskt kvar med en k�nsla av tomhet. H�r har vi den h�r fantastiska regiss�ren som gjort fantastiska filmklipp och enormt bra dataanimeringar. Men f�r er som aldrig sett Twilight s� m�ste ni veta att f�rutom att Twilight filmen i sig var r�tt d�ligt filmad och hade en del udda scener s� var den filmen OERH�RT k�nsloladdad. Det var enorm kemi i Twilight mellan sk�despelarna och scenerna var l�nga, elektriska och man drogs in i handlingen.
I New Moon verkar k�nslorna hamnat i andra hand och f�tt ge vika f�r animeringarna och all underbar action. Vilket l�mnar mig (endast min �sikt fortfarande) helt tom. Jag finner aldrig samma kemi on-screen mellan Bella och Edward (n�stan s� att Rob och Kristen har mer kemi off-screen) och break-up scenen och Bella/Jacobs k�rlek �r bra men det n�r inte �nda fram. Jag vill ha mer sorg, mer nyf�r�lskelse, men det f�r jag inte. Ist�llet k�nns det stundtals som om man kapat scener kortare f�r att f� in s� mycket av det goda som m�jligt ur boken till filmen.
Jag menar inte att filmen �r d�lig, absolut inte! Jag �lskar all action och introduktionen av Volturi �r underbar f�r att inte n�mna scenen med Bella i vattnet som bj�d p� lite av en �verraskning. Men jag saknade den kvinnliga aspekten.
Vampyrernas glimrande �r f�rresten s� mycket b�ttre i den h�r filmen .
F�r att sammanfatta filmen (med ny regiss�r) kan man s�ga : Chris Weitz har vad Catherine Hardwicke inte hade, men Catherine Harwicke hade det som Chris Weitz inte har.
D�remot tror jag ni kommer gilla filmen precis lika mycket �nd�...f�r som sagt...det �r ju �nd� Twilight Sagan, Stephenie Meyers underbara b�cker p� film och underbara Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson och Taylor Lautner m fl.
(L�mnar mina privat �sikter om viss make-up, peruk och kostym �t sidan f�r den versionen �r inte vacker)
PHOTOS IN COURTESY OF SUMMIT ENTERTAINMENT
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment