J-14: Jackson, you in particular have a much more crucial role in this movie. What was it like for you to go lurching at Kristen Stewart and be fought off by Rob Pattinson? Was it as intense as it looks?
Jackson Rathbone: Yeah, it was as intense as it looked and a little bit more actually. I don't want to give too much away but both Kellan [Lutz] and Peter [Facinelli] had to hold me back through that scene. It was one of those scenes that we talked before and I really wanted to go all out and it was great getting to work with the guy doing the stunt stuff with Rob, Peter, and Kellan, because they actually held me back. They actually stop me from getting hurt because if they hadn't held me back I would have taken Kristen down.
J-14: Kristen would have been a goner, huh?
Jackson: Oh yeah!
J-14: Going from Twilight to New Moon, there's definitely a shift in focus from vampires to werewolves. How did that effect the chemistry on the set -- do you feel like you had to take a backseat?
Jackson Rathbone: Not really. It was one of those things when we came back for New Moon, it was like a family reunion because we are like a family. We do eat together, play together, and what not. It was kind of like we came back in for a good two or three weeks, we did our piece and then we left and then the story really got taken over by Taylor Lautner playing Jacob Black -- and he just does an incredible job.
J-14: So it has a totally different focus than Twilight?
Jackson: It's one of those things where you think losing Robert Pattinson for a lot of the movie would kind of be like a down turn but you basically get another, equally inspired, and equally riveting male star in Jacob Black. It's one of those things where Bella is devastated by the departure of her vampire love but you know she gets her spirit rekindled by her growing friendship and her growing love in her and Jacob.
J-14 exclusive interview with Christian Serratos about Twitter
J-14: You're really active on Twitter, do you think it's important for hyping up the New Moon fans?
Christian Serratos: Why not! I mean, you got a Twitter, you might as well use it! I feel a lot closer to fans, which is really cool.
J-14: How do you get to interact with fans on Twitter that you weren't able to before?
Christian: I'm just getting to personally talk to them now. MySpace gets difficult because emails get lost and there's so, so many emails! It gets frustrating for me to try and get to everyone, and it took so much time to reply, and type, and send. But with Twitter, all you gotta do is press one button and it's just a lot simpler!
J-14: Do you think it's okay to talk with your costars on Twitter? You are always Tweeting with Edi Gathegi!
Christian: Yeah, Edi is one of my pals! You have to be careful what you say on there but, whatever!
J-14 exclusive interview with Nikki Reed about her costars
J-14: When fans tell you they want to marry Rob, do you pass along the proposals?
Nikki: Rob's got a list of a million 12-year-olds waiting to marry him! If all else fails, he has a lot of options!
J-14: Did you guys expect that the fans would be this crazy?
Nikki: No! And it's not just Rob -- that's the amazing thing. All the boys in this movie -- the fans just go crazy for all of them. Sometimes Kristen and I just want to be like, "we're so sorry we're not the boys!"
J-14: If you had to come up with one word to describe each of the vampire guys in your movie fam, what would it be for Kellan?
Nikki: Teddy-bear.
J-14: Jackson?
Nikki: Artsy.
J-14: Peter Facinelli?
Nikki: Dad!
J-14: Rob?
Nikki:: Hmm, yeah, Rob's complicated!
J-14: Is there a story behind that?
Nikki: One that I shall not speak of!
J-14 exclusive interview with Justin Chon about the paparazzi
J-14: What was it like landing in Vancouver to film New Moon, knowing it would be so different than the experience filming the first Twilight?
Justin Chon: Just a total trip. Most of the movies I've done were small indies on a smaller scale. Shooting-wise, they feel the same -- you're just working -- but in terms of what's surrounding the movie, it's just unbelievable how many people have so much interest in this movie -- it's just wild. I just can't believe it.
J-14: Did you know the paparazzi was there when you got to airport?
Justin: No! What happened was the driver was like, "Alright, let's go up this escalator and go a different way because there's a lot of paparazzi." We all started laughing thinking it was a joke. We were like, "Haha, funny joke!" And then we went out through this one exit and there was a bunch of people just starting to take pictures from afar. We were like, "Wait, are they...?" -- that's why the beginning shots when we're just walking we just look really like confused I think there's a picture of me with my mouth open. It's really like pretty funny I just don't know what the heck's going on! I asked Anna [Kendrick], "Wait, are they taking pictures of us?" We just had no idea and then we realized they're taking pictures of us and we just were like, "Whoa!" Then there were autograph seekers -- and we gave them autographs and the paparazzi was kind of like a total surprise!
J-14: So they found out what flight you were on?
Justin: Yeah, when when we were going home too.
J-14: And they were hanging out on set too?
Justin: Yeah, we had these black things to cover the set so you can't see inside the set. But they were shooting in between crevices and we had paparazzi people at the hotel too.
J-14: So were the rules on this set different?
Justin: Not for us. I mean there was just certain rules like no friends on set and you have to get permission before you brought anyone. And just the way we would even be transported was a lot more different. They would have umbrellas to cover our faces -- they were just taking way more precautions this time.
J-14 exclusive interview with Alex Meraz about Taylor Lautner Vs. Himself:
J-14: Your background is in martial arts, just like Taylor Lautner -- how do your skills compare?
Alex Meraz: I'm better. (Laughs) No, you know Taylor, you've gotta look at the difference. Taylor is 17, I'm 24. I've been doing it a lot longer. And as of recently, I've really become more of an actor now. This is what I'm heavily relying on in terms of survival and what I'm really into now. But a couple of months ago, I was still training and considering doing mixed martial arts like cage fighting. So I'm without a doubt -- without trying to be an ego maniac -- better!
J-14: So you guys trained in different forms of martial arts?
Alex: Yeah, he did more for events -- more of the flashy kind of things. I did it more for efficiency -- to fight.
J-14: But you can both stand there and do back flips?
Alex: Yeah, we can both do back flips.
J-14 exclusive interview with Michael Welch on Team Mike:
J-14: So Team Edward and Team Jacob are always duking it out -- but no one's ever Team Mike -- why do you think that is? Mike is trying just as hard!
Michael Welch: Oh he sure is, yeah. It's really funny because there's nothing wrong with Mike. He's a perfectly adequate high school boyfriend but he just happens to be in this situation where he's competing with these supernatural beings that happen to be two of the most beautiful creatures in the world. So it's like, what's he going to do?
J-14: So if Jacob wasn't a werewolf and Edward wasn't a vampire, do you think Mike would have a better chance?
Mike: Yeah, I do -- although ultimately, I don't think a Mike-Bella relationship would have worked out particularly well because it's one of those situations where one person is clearly more infatuated with the other person and it doesn't quite go the other way around. Those situations don't typically tend to work out, especially in high school. So I actually think Mike and Bella's relationship is perfect the way it is, but it's probably difficult for Mike to see that while he's going after her.
J-14 exclusive interview with Taylor Lautner about why he's born to be Jacob Black:
J-14: What was it about the role of Jacob that drew you to him?
Taylor Lautner: I guess the fact that I'm a lot like him. When Jacob's human, he's really friendly and outgoing and talkative, but his other side -- his werewolf side -- he's very fierce and grumpy... and that's totally opposite of me. It's fun to play somebody who's just like me, but then it's cool as an actor to challenge myself to play something totally opposite of me!
J-14: You enjoy that contrast and balance?
Taylor:Yeah and Jacob is both of that, so that's pretty cool.
J-14 exclusive interview with Edi Gathegi about what school superlative he'd give his castmates:
J-14: Let's start with Rob Pattinson...
Edi Gathegi: Most likely to succeed. Already has success.
J-14: Kristen Stewart?
Edi: Most likely to succeed.
J-14: Taylor Lautner?
Edi: Most likely to succeed.
J-14: Is it going to be for the same for everyone?
Edi: Keep going. I'm going to tell you who's not going to succeed!
J-14: Kellan Lutz?
Edi: Class clown.
J-14: Jackson Rathbone
Edi: Most talented.
J-14: Nikki Reed?
Edi: Most talented.
J-14: Ashley Greene?
Edi: Is there like a beauty queen one? Prom Queen.
J-14: Rachelle Lefevre?
Edi: Most likely to succeed.
J-14: Yourself?
Edi: Class clown.
J-14 exclusive chat with Jackson Rathbone, Nikki Reed, and Kellan Lutz about the Cullens' real-life thirst for food:
J-14: We're so excited to be talking to all the Cullens together -- so in what ways are you like an actual family?
Jackson Rathbone: We eat together all the time. Like a family dinner, you know?
Nikki Reed: Yeah, that's the big thing. We eat together.
J-14: Do you guys cook for one another?
Jackson: Oh well, Peter [Facinelli] is probably the best cook out of all of us.
Nikki: Peter is the best cook, although I come in a close second.
J-14: What do you guys make?
source: J-14









No comments:
Post a Comment