Sunday, May 9, 2010

New Moon Holds On To Opening Day Record

HitFix has a new article looking at the opening day numbers for Iron Man 2. What does that have to do with Twilight? Well, it turns out that the much anticipated Iron Man 2 couldn�t even get close to the opening day record that New Moon holds, meaning the only competition that New Moon has in the near future might just be it�s sequel, Eclipse. Read more below:


If you noticed your �Iron Man 2? screening on Friday wasn�t sold out, you weren�t the only one. The highly-anticipated sequel opened to a strong, but not spectacular first day of $52 million. Historically, that places it seventh all-time behind 2006�s $55.8 million for �Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man�s Chest.� That makes �The Twilight Saga: New Moon�s� $72.7 million record safe for quite some time. At this point, the vampire series may only have to look out for it�s own new chapter, �Eclipse,� to, um, eclipse it�s current mark.

Check out the entire article at HitFix here.

Yeah, I fist-pumped in the air when I saw this article. I love that New Moon had such impressive opening day numbers. I look forward to seeing Eclipse take over the number one spot!

Did you think Iron Man 2 could take over the top opening day spot? Do you think Eclipse will beat New Moon?


twilightersanonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment