Members of the �wolf pack� in the upcoming Twlight Saga: Eclipse lent a hand earlier this week to help build a playground at a local Los Angeles elementary school. The actor�s efforts is part of iParticipate and United Healthcare�s �do good. Live well.� Campaign.
"Everyone needs a sense of purpose, a sense of community, and I think it�s great to be able to help out in any way I can to provide that," Alex Meraz said. "I just know that I couldn�t be where I�m at now as an actor and as an artist if I didn�t have the opportunities, the resources, to just grow up, you know, and have a good time as a child."
From painting flower pots to building platforms, the actors did it all to pinch in and help a school get its first playground in 60 years.
"For kids who don�t have a playground, who don�t have a safe place to go after school, having a place where they can be productive and play with kids and interact and have fun, it�s just so important� said star Julia Jones, who plays Leah Clearwater in the film. �Because the alternatives are just potentially really bad."
Jones has also seen the soon to be released �Eclipse� and says, "I�m psyched about it, I�m really, really excited. I just saw it recently and it�s awesome. It�s funny and I couldn�t be happier."
OTRC
Monday, June 14, 2010
Alex Meraz, Julia Jones and Tinsel Korey at "do good. Live well" Campaign (Video)
Labels:
Alex Meraz,
Julia Jones
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment