Saturday, June 19, 2010

New KStew quotes from UK ELLE

Photobucket

How much did you know about Joan before you played her? Were you a fan of her music?
I was a fan of her music, like, in LA you grow up listening to the radio, it�s so great. There used to be a really great radio station that would play what you actually listen to - so I knew who Joan Jett was but I didn�t really know who The Runaways were. They were kind of forgotten, no one my age knows who they were but they do now!


She�s pretty cool though, right?
She�s so sweet. Detail wise it was really nerve wracking to get her. She�s a really dynamic person, and she has so many fans and people that know her distinctly.


Was it hard to �get her�?
Musically she has the weirdest voice, she has the coolest voice. I luckily played guitar but I had to learn her stuff and her style.
She�s a leftie but plays right handed, right?
Yeah, she�s left handed but luckily plays regular. There�s one scene when she�s signing her contract and I had to do it with my left hand.


What stuff are you listening to right now?
i�m listening to Camera Obscura at the moment. My favourite band is Interpol, and i�m listening to Broken Bells a lot too. they are the new band from the lead singer of The Shins. I listen to a lot of music in the car or in airports, I�m always going somewhere so I get the chance to listen to a lot of music on my ipod. I�m kind of into The Smiths too. I�ve never really been a fan of theirs but I am getting into it now. I still dance around my room pretending i�m Morrissey, which is funny, it�s so emo. My favourite Smiths song is Vicar In A Tutu�.I listen to stuff over and over until I know it really well, but this song�s hard, I had to look up the lyrics.


Source


from @thepixzine via @kstewangel




No comments:

Post a Comment