Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Taylor Lautner: There's More to Me Than Muscles (video)
�Twilight� heartthrob Taylor Lautner is starting to feel that his rippling muscles are overshadowing who he is as an actor. �It has become embarrassing,� Taylor told reporters June 3 at a press conference in South Korea.
Lautner, 18, was the undisputed breakout star of �New Moon� after gaining 30 pounds of muscle to play the hulking werewolf, Jacob Black.
He added: �It doesn�t annoy me, but people do tend to ask about it [my workout routine and my weight gain] a lot.�
Lautner, who worked out six days a week and ate every two hours to gain and maintain his rippling 8-pack abs, added: �To me it�s just part of the character. It�s not like I can take it off!�
Despite all the flattering attention he�s receiving for his buff body, Lautner is more than happy to change his look for a movie role.
�The only reason I did it [gained weight] is because the character required it and I love the character,� said Taylor. �So, a year from now, if I fall in love with a character that requires me to lose weight, I�m ready to do it.�
Since transforming from a lanky teen werewolf in 2009�s Twilight to the muscle-bound shapeshifter in �New Moon� and �Eclipse,� a shirtless Taylor has been featured on numerous magazine covers showing off his chiseled body.
The athletic Taylor, who is a martial-arts expert, has experience with physically demanding action roles.
At age 12, he was a junior world karate champion. And in 2005, Taylor starred in the family film, �The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl.�
But the dramatic transformation Lautner made in the �Twilight� saga has amazed even his co-stars. Kristen Stewart, 20, can�t contain her admiration for the actor�s dedication.
�Taylor�s an entirely different person physically,� she gushed. �It took him so much time.�
SOURCE Via source
Labels:
Taylor Lautner
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment