Sunday, June 20, 2010

Welcome to the Rileys among 30 Films To See at LAFF

Photobucket
[...] I asked a gaggle of post-Berney Apparition survivors�the staff is 25�what they were expecting to happen. They indicated that it was business as usual for them: Sundance critics� fave Welcome to the Rileys plays LAFF.

Here are my recommendations of thirty films to see:
I�ve Seen:
Sundance 3D doc: CANE TOADS: THE CONQUEST, directed by Mark Lewis.
SXSW relationship drama COLD WEATHER, directed by Aaron Katz.
Walter Hill�s classic THE DRIVER.
Luchino Visconti�s classic THE LEOPARD.
SXSW funk-music doc THUNDER SOUL, directed by Mark Landsman.
Sundance war doc THE TILLMAN STORY, directed by Amir Bar-Lev.
SXSW dramedy TINY FURNITURE, from writer/director/actress Lena Dunham.
Sundance drama WELCOME TO THE RILEYS, directed by Jake Scott. 
I did NOT like Neil Marshall�s Centurion, a sloppily violent action film that wastes the talents of Dominic West and Michael Fassbender.
I Hope to See:
Levon Helm doc AIN�T IN IT FOR MY HEALTH.
SPC�s Sundance buy ANIMAL KINGDOM, directed by David Michod.
Doc GASLAND, directed by Josh Fox.
SPC Sundance buy LEBANON, directed by Samuel Maoz.
Percy and Felix Adlon�s world premiere of MAHLER ON THE COUCH, which Studio Canal is selling.
Sundance doc MARWENCOL, directed by Jeff Malmberg.
Documentary Competition: ONE LUCKY ELEPHANT, directed by Lisa Leeman.
Sundance fave THE RED CHAPEL, directed by Mads Br�gger.
REVOLUCION short films.
Sundance education doc WAITING FOR SUPERMAN, directed by Davis Guggenheim.
Fest veteran WHITE MATERIAL, directed by Claire Denis.


source

No comments:

Post a Comment