�I am a dan�ger to myself�
�Eclipse� star Robert Pat�tin�son speaks, in this inter�view, about sex appeal, a move to Tokyo, and his masochis�tic core.
There are cer�tainly no inter�view ques�tions which Robert Pat�tin�son hasn�t already heard. Despite that, mil�lions of teens in the world des�per�ately want to repeat every world that the �Twi�light� vam�pire gives them. Rea�son enough for fem.com, once more, to inter�cept and grill him dur�ing his PR tour for his new film, �Eclipse.�
We asked the 24 year-old about his sex-symbol image, sup�posed dates with Paris Hilton, and his mama, and found out about things that you still don�t know.
Robert, can you quickly sum�ma�rize, for all the new�com�ers, what hap�pened in the first and sec�ond parts of the Twi�light Saga?
�The Plot of the first part revolves around how great it feels when you are really in love for the first time. The sequel, �New Moon�, in con�trast, shows the neg�a�tive aspects of love: the fear and doubt which emerge when you�re in a com�mit�ted relationship.�
�Eclipse� starts this sum�mer and the finale, �Break�ing Dawn,� is already under�way. Why the rush?
�The pro�duc�tion has one huge prob�lem: we actors will all be older. Because of that we don�t have a lot of time and have to really hurry.�
Speak�ing of older: do you know then, lit�tle tricks to keep young?
�No, the oppo�site, I live extremely unhealth�ily and do�if I�m honest�only very lit�tle to stave off the aging process.�
All the same, peo�ple con�sider you a sex sym�bol and dream-man: What is sexy in your eyes?
�Lit�tle to noth�ing, if I really think about it. At school, for a long time, I was a real geek. Today I�d say I�m in dan�ger of becom�ing masochis�tic. (laughs)�
Mil�lions of girls and boys look to you. Do you see your�self as a role model?
�Not really. I mostly want to be nice to my fel�low man to treat every�one in the same man�ner. Many actors are inclined to raise up and look down on other peo�ple. In this career, it�s really, really easy to be a com�plete asshole.�
You have two older sis�ters. Do they always bring you back to real�ity?
�Oh yeah. Already from the time that I was 18 they explained to me: if you hadn�t started styling your hair with gel, then you still would have always been one of these plain, bor�ing peo�ple. (Laughs)�
Your mother report�edly believes all the crazy sto�ries which, in your case, are ram�pant. How do you con�vince her that you don�t go out drink�ing every night, and haven�t had an affair with Paris Hilton?
�I�m sorry, what? I have never been on a date with Paris Hilton. Unfor�tu�nately, I use my mother fre�quently dur�ing inter�views when no other fas�ci�nat�ing anec�dotes come to mind. Nat�u�rally she doesn�t believe a word of any of it.�
What do you think about the fact that the media dis�sect your pri�vate life and your rela�tion�ships with a vari�ety of female co-stars in order to pro�mote the Twi�light films?
�To start, let the mag�a�zines and tabloids sell them�selves. Whether or not the films gain because of that, I don�t know. I, per�son�ally, def�i�nitely don�t help it. (Laughs)�
Hand on your heart: In what way has the Twi�light Saga changed your life?
�If you find your�self in the eye of a storm, you�re not in a posi�tion to judge what goes on around you. Maybe I�ll be able to think it over in two or three years. At the moment I feel the whole thing is like a super�nova: We shoot a film one after the other and the phe�nom�e�non grows and grows. And presently I stand in front of 20,000 scream�ing fans and haven�t the faintest idea who they�re call�ing for. I think it will still be a lit�tle while longer until I real�ize that they mean me.�
How do you evade the hordes of young girls scream at you and even want to be bit�ten by you?
�This mass hys�te�ria can already some�times be scary, but per�son�ally I have still never had any�one do some�thing to me. Only once, dur�ing the shoot for �Lit�tle Ashes�, I had a stalker, who always waited for me at my apartment.�
Last sum�mer you shot the film �Remem�ber Me� in New York. Could you stay unaf�fected there?
�Not really. In New York it�s nearly impos�si�ble. Although it was only a really lit�tle project, thou�sands of peo�ple were stand�ing around the set.�
Is there still one city where you can run around on the streets unrec�og�nized?
�The only place where that hap�pens now is Tokyo. I debated for a short time about mov�ing there. (Laughs)�
Do you have plans in the future to do some�thing against this abnor�mal state of affairs?
�I can�t really do any�thing against it, other than to pull myself com�pletely out of the pub�lic eye, in order to lead a nor�mal life. But I don�t know if that lit�tle anonymity is worth the cost. I mean, that the whole hype is over just as quickly as it came. Then it doesn�t bother me at all.�
In which sit�u�a�tions does it seem dif�fer�ent, how extra�or�di�nary your life appears?
�The only time that it�s really bizarre, is when I want to visit friends and need a body�guard in order to do it.�
Do your friends like the spec�ta�cle
�No, most of them don�t like the glam�our and the whole she�bang at all. It doesn�t influ�ence them in any way. It doesn�t affect me either, by the way.�
At what place to you crave to be back the most, when you look back on your old life?
�I had this fan�tas�tic, old Lon�don apart�ment in Soho. You could climb onto the roof and it had a won�der�ful view of the city. Nearly every day I was up there, play�ing music, writ�ing songs, and tried to include them.�
What do you have planned for next, once the last part, �Break�ing Dawn,� is fin�ished?
�It�s not very easy to choose what I want to do after that. Because �Twi�light� is that suc�cess�ful and brings in so much money, you feel as though you�re par�a�lyzed. It exists the fear, one could lose if he takes the wrong step. In the event that the next film is a flop, every�one will say: See, he was only a one-hit-wonder. The impres�sion is, there�fore, huge.�
source via source via thinkingofrob
No comments:
Post a Comment