Trans�la�tion:
THE WILD BOY
He tried to work as model, then he decided to do the musi�cian until a 109 year old vam�pire came into his life. Since then Robert Pat�tin�son became Edward Cullen and his life has changed. And it has gone so far as he can�t even go out of his home.
THE LAST NEW-ROMANTIC HERO
Get�ting closer to the 3rd mil�len�nium, among blind dates on Face�book, scan�dals on Youtube, mil�lions of peo�ple stand in line to watch a movie where girls are courted like in the 1800, rela�tion�ships are chaste and pla�tonic and love is for�ever. Almost like in a Jane Austen�s romance. What if this is real rea�son of the Twi�light suc�cess?
A step back in time. Sep�tem�ber 2008, 60 days before the release of Twi�light: blogs of the fans are full of com�ments on the actors cho�sen to play Edward and Bella on the big screen. The kind�est adjec�tive on Robert Pat�tin�son are �inad�e�quate�, �dull� and �ridicu�lous�. <> Robert jokes today. He went from the Oym�pus of Hol�ly�wood celebri�ties to the unstop�pable Pat�tin�son�ma�nia move�ment and secur�ing the 50th place on the Forbes 2010 list of most pow�er�ful peo�ple. <> , Pat�tin�son explains, and he looks, if pos�si�ble, even bet�ter in real�ity than on the screen: low voice, ele�gant bear�ing and deep gaze, the actor is charm�ing, nice and hum�ble. Noth�ing of the star. When he talks he looks into your eyes, he is very con�cen�trated when he lis�tens to the ques�tions and always waits a moment before answer�ing. His life has com�pletely changed in less than 6 months: after the Twi�light release he had to armour-plate him�self, fil�ter news and change hotel 3 times a month because of con�tin�ual leaks, like it hap�pened in NY dur�ing film�ing �Remem�ber Me�, where he was also run over by a taxi because of the pres�sure of the twi�lighters.
Lon�doner, the youngest of 3 chil�dren (his sis�ter Lizzie is a singer), his father imports vin�tage cars, his mother works for a mod�el�ing agency, Pat�tin�son moves a lot of money today, just think about he played in 5 block�busters (ther�s also HP and the gob�let of fire and HP and order of fenix) and that Eclipse, filmed with just 68 mil�lion dol�lars, grossed 400 mil�lion dol�lars in just 2 weeks (the equiv�a�lent of the tak�ings of Twiligth). <>, he taunts him�self. <>.Mmmh, yeah, but 2 years ago twi�lighters of all over the world weren�t happy of the choice of him as Edward, and today the same fans stop him and ask him, kindly, to bite them on their neck, lift�ing posters up like �Rob bite me�. <. With�out doubts, one of the (many) secrets of the suc�cess of this saga is actu�ally him, the cor�re�spond�ing vam�pire of the 21th cen�tury, an ema�ci�ated, roman�tic and hand�some crea�ture with a gothic look and some�thing of the rebel james dean which brings him to a marked unsociability.
�What is like to be con�sid�ered a sex sym�bol?
It�s a strange feel�ing. I real�ized that in Italy, when I was in mon�tepul�ciano shoot�ing New Moon. I keep find�ing incred�i�ble the fact that before twi�light no one ever turned around to look at me, while now I can�t even walk down the street. But I don�t want to be con�sid�ered a sex sym�bol, just an actor.
- Are you stressed by the fans?
Amazed, a bit embar�rassed, but not stressed. The fans are a huge sup�port. On set in Tus�cany they applauded at every take, even if I didn�t do any�thing. It was nice. I thought I was in a theatre!
�Why do you think Edward is so fas�ci�nat�ing, not only for the female audi�ence?
Because he�s a mys�te�ri�ous char�ac�ter. When you read Stephanie�s books it�s easy to project what you want onto him.
�Does being a vam�pire help him?
It makes him more intrigu�ing than a human being, like being immortal.
�Would you like being immor�tal?
Hon�estly, It doesn�t appeal to me. I would end up get�ting bored.
�How much are you sim�i�lar to Edward Cullen?
He often has feel�ings he can�t han�dle. That�s a com�mon behav�ior. It hap�pened to me, too: I�ve always had weird rela�tion�ships and also in the movies I like messy love sto�ries, not the clas�sic roman�tic love.
�So noth�ing like Romeo and Juliet?
I�m more like �last tango in Paris� by Bertolucci (laughs)
�In Eclipse you divide the scene with another male actor, Tay�lor Laut�ner. Does it bother you?
Not at all. I feel more free.
�Did you know Kris�ten Stew�art before Twi�light?
I had seen her in �Into the wild� by Sean Penn. She�s a respon�si�ble actress. But I had already real�ized it by read�ing her cur�ricu�lum: she always made moti�vated choices. I know her very well by now and I knew she would suf�fer from all this mania after Twi�light, with all the paps and photographers.
�What about your singer career?
It has stopped now. But I keep play�ing. I wanna do a record in 2 years.
�Your hotel in Mon�tepul�ciano was mobbed by fans, you were almost run over by a car in NY because of them. How has your life changed?
When I go out I more wor�ried about where to go, because I always meet some�one who stops me and ask me an auto�graph. Every�body rec�og�nize me by now and I got para�noid about it.
- Your career has changed, too. It seems like every�body wants Pat�tin�son.
This scares me, too. I can�t under�stand who really wants me for who I am or who wants me in order to have the Twi�light fans.
Source: Robert Pat�tin�son Moms
No comments:
Post a Comment