Chaske Spencer is featured in this week�s People magazine, where he opens up about his battle with heroine, cocaine and alcohol.
�I tasted my first drink at 15. It took about three cans of beer to get drunk, and that was it. I was sold. I thought, �This is the best thing ever.� My Parents were starting to separate at the time, so I was very angry.
Then he moved to New York at 21 where he discovered cocaine:
�Next thing I know, my heart�s pounding, and I�m up all night. I think I�m gonna die, but I still did it again and again,� he recalled to People, explaining that he was then introduced to heroin through a girlfriend. �I started smoking it, then snorting it. Three months in, I was doing it every day. I�d never memorize my lines; I couldn�t function to audition. My work ethic went out the door.�
On going to rehab to special facility for Native Americans, after getting arrested:
�It was appealing to me because I came from the same experiences and I could relate to a lot [of the other people seeking treatment].They had us make a list of how much you�d spent on drugs. I�d blow $2 million.�
On staying clean and sharing his experience with his fellow wolfpack members:
�I got pretty tight with the wolf guys. I took each of them aside and told them I�m an addict and an alcoholic and that�s why I don�t drink.�
Scans courtesy of TwilightSagaFan.
via twilightpoison
No comments:
Post a Comment