Here are some excerpts of the translation:
Less than a month before Eclipse hits the the�aters, Atre spoke with Robert Pat�tin�son about matur�ing early and projects out�side the Saga.
Unless you live on another planet, you must have heard about Robert Pat�tin�son who plays the beau�ti�ful vam�pire Edward Cullen on Twi�light New Moon. The next episode of the saga, writ�ten by Amer�i�can author Stephe�nie Meyer, Eclipse, is com�ing to the�aters soon, on June 30th to be exact. In the third part of the story, Bella is forced to choose between the vampire
Edward and were�wolf Jacob. If you read the books you already know what direc�tion it will take. So, how about some�thing that you don�t know alreadt? We are in luck! We inter�viewed Robert Pat�tin�son in Los Ange�les, days after he turned 24 and asked about his work in Eclipse, what to expect for Break�ing Dawn, and how he deals with the pres�sures of fame.
Q. Before all, belated Happy birth�day! Since you play a char�ac�ter who never ages, how you deal with birthdays?
A. Play�ing a role of a vam�pire makes me feel like I�m get�ting old faster than I am, because every six months I go back to the sets and every�one is like, �What hap�pened? It seems like you�ve aged� I just turned 24 and feel 35.
Q. Eclipse is going to hit the the�aters soon, what will sur�prise the fans in your opinion?
A. Twi�light had a con�cen�trated more on Edward and Bella and New Moon was more
about Jacob. Eclipse is gonna be inter�est�ing because every�one has their place in the sun and you can see more inter�ac�tion between Bella, Edward and Jacob.
Q. And your role? What was the biggest chal�lenge of play�ing Edward this time?
A. Edward live dif�fer�ent emo�tions in Eclipse. In the first two films, he is more dis�tant from
every�one, but now he must join and be part of the world and not be indif�fer�ent if he wants to
main�tain his relationships.
Q. Do you have a favorite scene?
A. I like the scene in which Bella thinks she�s cheat�ing on me with Jacob and Edward has to
deal with this and for�give her. Is one of the most inter�est�ing scenes.
Q. How would you describe the expe�ri�ence of work�ing with David Slade?
a. It was excit�ing because David came and said I wanted to do some�thing really different. �
There will be a great con�trast between Eclipse and the other movies.
Q. There are rumors that Break�ing Dawn will be filmed in 3D, is this true?
A. I see in 3D all day (laughs). I can not even imag�ine the movie in 3D to be hon�est, but I think it�s gonna be cool.
Q. The Twi�light Saga is not yet over, but are your feel�ings about it com�ing to an end?
A. Dur�ing film�ing, I always for�get how much I like the char�ac�ter. It is very com�fort�able and
famil�iar when play�ing Edward and I try to improve my per�for�mance in every movie.
But it�s hard to think about the whole expe�ri�ence. Every�thing hap�pened so fast and became huge so soon, like super�nova. I think it will take me 10 years to be able to han�dle this.
Q. Have you any idea what you are going to do before shoot�ing Break�ing Dawn?
A. I just worked on Bel Ami, with Christina Ricci, Uma Thur�man and Kristin Scott Thomas, and I am about to start film�ing Water for Elephants.
Q.What parts are you play�ing in these films?
A. In Bel Ami I�m a Parisian with which who�s inca�pable to have some empa�thy and no one likes him, but he ends up with a lot of money which I think is real�is�tic. (Laughs)
Q. And in Water for Elephants?
A. The film is set dur�ing the great depres�sion and I�m a guy who joins a circus.
Q. So, you work with elephants?
A Yes. it�s a great story, an incred�i�ble cast, a good direc�tor and a spec�tac�u�lar film with�out no
spe�cial effects, but one of the things that inspired me most about the film were the ele�phants. I love work�ing with them. Is won�der�ful. Did you know that ele�phants purr? I dis�cov�ered this dur�ing filming.
Q. From which of your parts did you learn?
A. Besides Edward, I would say that was Sal�vador Dali, in Lit�tle Ashes. I really changed my way of observ�ing the per�for�mance. But I think every role I played influ�enced my per�son�al�ity at some point.
Q. It seems that you are work�ing almost non�stop. Any plans for a break?
A. Not yet. Maybe after Break�ing Dawn, but I don�t think I need it. This work is like being on
vaca�tion or at least it is not hard work. It�s great to go to work every day.
Q. Do you feel alone?
A. I think as I work full time, I live my life partly alone. Most con�ver�sa�tions I have are about the same sub�ject and peo�ple dic�tate the way I have to behave.
Q. You�re being called the world�s most famous actor. How do you han�dle all this attention?
A. I spend much time hid�ing. There are good days and bad and I try not to panic about
things. But I try to keep work sep�a�rate from per�sonal life and it hasn�t affected my ego. I�m not leav�ing Lon�don ecept for work, but that does not mean that I spend most of the time in Los Ange�les or going to movie festivals.
Q. Are you a fan yourself?
A. I sat next to David and Vic�to�ria Beck�ham at a restau�rant the first time I went to LA.
Q. You�ve been a fan of David or Victoria?
A. (Laugh) It was a com�bi�na�tion of both. It was sim�ply sur�real to me.
Q. You said that suc�cess has not gone to your head. But you are con�sid�ered the �best dressed� or the �Sex�i�est Man� Don�t you think thats cool?
A. I�m sure that next year they will have another per�son on the list. In fact, these things make me laugh. This morn�ing, I was com�ing back from the gym and sud�denly real�ized that I was wear�ing my old work�out clothes and shabby sneak�ers, I looked like a hobo. I think that some�times rules me out for the most sexy and well dressed.
Q. What is the weird�est ques�tion that the peo�ple have asked you?
A. If I believe in vam�pires, which I don�t. Some�one once asked me also the color of my tooth�brush and I couldn�t remember.
Q. And what�s the strangest thing you�ve read about yourself?
A.That I was the best dressed. Who�ever thinks I am has not seen me wear�ing my gym outfit!
Scans: tamymello | Thinking of Rob
Translation made by ILoveTwilightBR
No comments:
Post a Comment