�I can�t say for a fact, but I just don�t see us getting into an R-rated area,� studio�s distribution chief tells MTV News.
In the �Twilight� universe, there are levelheaded questions � will �Breaking Dawn� be in 3-D? � and then are the improbable, yet intriguing, ones. Among the more puzzling queries is whether, based on the many scream-inducing elements of its source material, �Breaking Dawn,� will draw an R rating instead of the usual, Twi-approved PG-13.
It�s hard to imagine Summit Entertainment making a �Twilight� movie that would require its tween-heavy audience to convince adults to buy them movie tickets, but the idea nonetheless remains a topic of discussion in the blogosphere. So we decided to put the question to Summit. While the studio acknowledges that discussions about an R rating are definitely taking place (�By all means,� said distribution chief Richie Fay), the studio remains committed to its tried-and-true PG-13.
�I don�t see it ever becoming an R-rated movie,� Fay told MTV News. �The middle road we have to travel is a mutual respect as to staying true to the book but not turning off your audience.
�It�s always with the eye of making Stephenie Meyer happy and making the audience happy,� he added. �I can�t say for a fact, but I just don�t see us getting into an R-rated area with any of the �Twilight� titles.�
That sentiment jibes with what �Breaking Dawn� scribe Melissa Rosenberg has been saying for a while.
�In this series, you don�t sacrifice anything,� she said in April. �There are some movies that wouldn�t play at PG-13, like �The Hangover,� but this is just not one of them for me. Again, if you�re capturing character, emotion and emotional journey, you�re OK.�
MTV via Spunkransom
Saturday, July 10, 2010
Summit Promises That Breaking Dawn Won't Be Rated R
Labels:
Breaking Dawn,
Mtv,
Summit Entertainment
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment