Judi Shekoni who plays Zafrina in Breaking Dawn was just interviewed by her hometown newspaper back in Manchester, England. Judi reveals that she was a Twilight fan way before the movies came out and that she is Team Edward!
�You�re currently filming for Twilight: Breaking Dawn, playing Amazonian vampire Zafrina � were you a fan of the franchise before securing the role?
Absolutely. I read the first two books when I was on a cruise around the Bahamas with my friend Jenny. I tend not to read fiction but I got to the stage of boredom that I would have tried anything. At first, it seemed a bit weird and I remember thinking �I don�t understand, it�s all about kids�, but the more I read, the more hooked I was. At one point, I was like get me off this ship I need to go buy the next book. When the first film was released, me and my friends all booked tickets in advance and we just adored it.
It�s taken on element of the surreal now because just the other day I was stood in the Cullen house, looking at their book shelf thinking as if I�m here!
What has it been like working with the cast?
Everyone has been super nice, there�s an atmosphere of family. Spending time with everyone has been great, Rob (Pattinson) is such a laugh and it�s been an enjoyable experience. There�s a mix of nationalities here, and the Canadians are a lot like the Brits with their humour. Sometimes you can join a project like this and be met by a few prima-donnas, but that couldn�t be further from the truth here. All us newcomers are welcomed like we�ve been involved since the beginnings. It helps that we�re in the most beautiful hotel. It�s like a network of private mini lodges; I�ve even got my own fireplace!�
Are you ready for the influx of media attention you�re no doubt going to receive for being part of the Twilight Saga?
It�s been crazy already. Fans seem to know where we are before we do, and are always waiting near the set or hotels and airports. Being associated with such a high profile film, there�s bound to be a lot of attention. The premiere is what I�m most looking forward to, getting to go the Kodak Chinese Theatre in Hollywood for my own film, and coming to London to show it to home audiences. I can�t imagine how exciting it�ll be.
What would be your dream job?
After all the training I�ve done to play Zafrina, my body is literally amazing, I could go work out on Muscle Beach now. I�d love to play some sort of superhero role to keep in shape. I feel like I could get into bar fights and win, although I doubt I would! But yeah something along those lines, where I could do stunts and keep the muscles up. Either that or something dark and gritty. I�ve trained with Leonardo DiCaprio and Halle Berry�s acting coach, so if the opportunity came up to get my teeth into a dramatic role I�d go for it.
What have you got lined up next � any exciting projects?
Well I do actually have a hair extension range called Extension Evolution. About a year and a half ago, work had gotten really quiet and I came back to the UK to do an MBA, and decided to set up this company. We sell fabulous, brilliant quality extensions, so hopefully in the next year I�ll just be able to keep building the business up. Of course I�d love to carry on working in the film industry too; doing Twilight has shown me how amazing it can be.
No comments:
Post a Comment