UKPress Max Irons may be being compared to Robert Pattinson but the Red Riding Hood star reckons R-Patz has been �gifted and cursed� with fame. The son of acting couple Jeremy Irons and Sinead Cusack hit the red carpet in Hollywood to premiere the new thriller in which he plays Amanda Seyfried�s love interest.
Having been cast and directed in the movie by Twilight�s Catherine Hardwicke, Max confessed he takes any Pattinson comparisons as a compliment.
�Well Robert�s a lovely actor, [but] this is a different beast to the film that shall not be named!� he joked, before adding: �You know, I think he�s been gifted and cursed.�
The 25-year-old explained: �All you want to be able to do as an actor is work and to be able to focus on the work. For lack of a better term, the celebrity is consequential and all you should be doing is focusing on the quality of your work and kind of, I think, ignoring the rest of it.
�If I can do that and have a long, long career and not a short, short career that�s all I want.
�Robert by the way is going to have a long, long career,� Max added. �I have a feeling about that� because he�s English!�
The young actor described working under the direction of Catherine Hardwicke as �nuts�. �We had a director that encouraged us to be silly and to just have fun.�
No comments:
Post a Comment