Kristen: It�s weird to talk about your friends when they�re sitting right next to you.
Dakota: Yeah, weird, very weird.
Kristen: We�ve been doing it in interviews all day. (looks at Dakota) Go for it. Go.
Dakota: Oh, okay. Throw me under the bus a little bit. (laughs) I don�t know. Working this closely with someone you can�t help but bond with them and it really helps if you actually like them and get along really well and can become really good friends. I haven�t really done a lot of movies with people close to my own age to have a good friend like that, so I was excited to do that. I couldn�t have asked for a better person to do it with.
LAist: You guys got to get extra, especially close during the filming of this movie. So, how was that?
Kristen: Extra, especially close. (in a mock-sultry manner that garners more giggles)
Dakota: I answered the last one, sorry.
Kristen: Um, you�re blushing, a little bit.
LAist: Who, me? (Dakota and I exchange glances and look back at Kristen)
Dakota: She is or I am?
Kristen: Now you both are. It�s so funny. Okay, sorry, um, it was cool� I didn�t mind� No, the way that it happens in the script is so fun and natural and impulsive. They don�t have that type of relationship that�s like, �Ooh, they�re closer than normal.� They�re just best friends and it was just that time. So doing it was, you know�
Dakota: It was just like another thing.
Kristen: Yeah, It was just like another thing.
LAist: One of the first things you did to get into character was cut your hair off.
Kristen: I needed to feel sweat dripping down my face. I would have felt like a fraud if I had a wig on. I�ve worn wigs in the past and they can look great. A lot of actresses won�t work without them. Dakota�s wig looked amazing, she worked really well with it. With the wardrobe and the hair it slowly becomes like a reality that you can believe. It can feel like this huge job, like, �How am I ever going to approach this?� And then you get on set and it all comes together. I can�t really bring myself to do anything until I�m on set. We didn�t see her do �Cherry Bomb� until we shot it. We were all floored. It was so cool.
?LAist: Did you guys watch old videos of the band performing to prepare for your roles? I know I went home and watched them on YouTube after seeing the movie.
Dakota: You compared them, ooh.
Kristen: Yeah� you can do that�
LAist: No, you guys did such a good job.
Dakota: Yeah, there�s a lot of footage of them performing. When I first read the script I wasn�t familiar with who they were and who Cherie was. I had heard of Joan Jett and was familiar with her music, but not really �The Runaways.� So, I looked up their old videos and pictures of them and when I saw her perform �Cherry Bomb� I knew that I really wanted to do that.
*Spoiler*
LAist: Joan and Cherie had a complex relationship and in the end Cherie decides to leave The Runaways. Did you ever think Joan should have worked harder to convince Cherie to stay?
Kristen: The way their relationship was, they are very independent people and they know themselves. I think it�s a cool thing to watch two very different people choose paths that are ultimately going to make them both happy because it�s not a copout what she is doing. It�s not like, �Try harder� to do drugs. Try harder to do something that�s not making you happy.� Joan would never do that.
Source (via source via source) via twilightbritneyfan

No comments:
Post a Comment