



Teen idol Robert Pattinson (Twilight) is really capable of acting. His new movie Remem�ber Me is prove of this. Joris Henquet talked to him in London.
A lot �Coming-of-age� movies this week: Teenidol Robert Pat�tin�son about his new movie Remem�ber me and ado�les�cent John Lennon (played by Aaron John�son) in biopic Nowhere Boy. And: Fran�cis Ford Coppola�s Apoc�a�lypse Now is everywhere!
�I notice that many peo�ple regard this movie as a test.� Robert Pat�tin�son said dur�ing an inter�view in Lon�don. �A test: can he really act or not? But with that I think, what do you think I was doing in the Twi�light movies?! �
This state�ment requires some expla�na�tion, because apart from any�one under 18 (sorry youth of the Nether�lands, no cen�ter�fold in this VARA-guide) not every�one is famil�iar with actor Robert Pat�tin�son (23). Through his sup�port�ing role in Harry Potter (as Cedric Dig�gory) and par�tic�u�larly his lead�ing role as the sul�try vam�pire Edward Cullen in the Twi�light movies Pat�tin�son was cat�a�pulted to world num�ber one teen idol in recent years. Very young girls are even beg�ging him: �Bite me, Robert!�
After New Moon last fall (part two of the Twi�light saga) which broke sev�eral vis�i�tor records, Pat�tin�son is now in cin�e�mas with a seri�ous role in the adult drama Remem�ber me. A movie in which he again shows his roman�tic side, but in which he is also much less cud�dly, derailed even and gets into fights sev�eral times.
In Remem�ber Me Pat�tin�son plays the part of Tyler, a stu�dent in New York who falls for a girl (Emi�lie de Ravin) with a trau�matic fam�ily his�tory. Tyler him�self has a bad rela�tion�ship with his father (Pierce Bros�nan), a tough busi�ness�man whom he feels does not give the atten�tion they require to him and his sis�ter. What fol�lows are some violent con�fronta�tions and a very sur�pris�ing end�ing. Remem�ber Me is a movie that can�t be catago�rized into one. It has romance, it is young, it is an ode to New York, but also includes crime, trauma and raw violence.
An impres�sive film, but also a film which to some of the Pattinson-fanclub mem�ber wont be what they expect to see. But Pat�tin�son him�self is very happy with this role: �When play�ing this part there was much more room for impro�vi�sa�tion. In Twi�light the spe�cial effects deter�mine every�thing in advance and that hin�ders you as an actor in what you can do. In the role of Tyler, I could play much more. It is also the first time I act in a film with no fan�tasy ele�ments. I play some�one who makes mis�takes, with socially unde�sir�able behav�ior. Lit�er�ally a nor�mal guy. �
It must be said: Pat�tin�son con�vinces as the com�plex and trou�bled Tyler and proves to be an actor from whom we can expect a lot. What also strikes dur�ing the inter�view is the fact that he doesnt let his sud�den star�dom go to his head. When asked how he deals with his fame, he wisely replied �Oh, I just try to con�tinue work�ing� and he tells an anec�dote about how he �if he gets lucky� can still go wan�der the streets undis�turbed: �Peo�ple often do not pay atten�tion at all. I man�aged to even buy presents on Christ�mas Eve in Oxford Street (the busiest shop�ping street in Lon�don, ed.) and I wasn�t being har�rassed, nobody rec�og�nized me! Even though there were all these posters of me hang�ing in the store. �
(trans�la�tion @DreamySim1)
Scans and Translation: Thinking Of Rob Via RPLife
No comments:
Post a Comment